Friday, March 02, 2007

Coming Back

I came back from this 10-day journey from Hunan yesterday. Traveled all the way through Changsha, Zhangjiajie, Jishou, Fenghuang, Changde, Taoyuan and Zhuzhou, amazing! You shouldn't know how amazing it was until I put it physically.




The journey is even more amazing because it was only once in 5 months! Long enough to wrinkle me more grown-up! It's meant to be fairly romantic if only without those car sicknesses, stomachaches, vomiting, diarrhea and influenza.

It is breathtaking to tour around Zhangjiajie, our first stop. By breathtaking I also mean it literally. Climbing up those spectacular mountains, as the tour guide suggested, it was totally up to us whether to go up there by sightseeing elevator, cable car, or walk up, and the truth is if you choose the third option, it can really take your breath away!



Once we get to the mountain top, I thought everything worthwhile. What do you think Lester?

The cable car ticket is quite smart a post card too, Lester had it sent to a close friend and I failed to think of any one to whom I could right the correct address so I sent it back to myself.




Fenghuang is much cozier.




Lester told me it is enjoyable to live in a room right by the river. Not only with a view, hearing the sound of Miao Ladies banging their laundry mixed with that of the water flow before you get up is even pacifying. So we get a riverside room the next day in this beautiful and yet crowded town.




It was happy to have met with Gugan, Xiaolinzi, and Fangjie in Taoyuan although I couldn't quite understand the fast Taoyuan dialect. They are nice people and every one of them can sing really well. I also had my haircut in this town. The hair dresser who is also the owner was quite strong and she made me hurt a little.

I had a really really really unforgettable birthday with Lester and Ben in Zhuzhou. Ben bought me a delicate birthday cake, and toured us across the bridge. He should be much more qualified than Wangdao as a tour guide, and he is definitely a star. Listening to him singing is just pleasant especially when he sings a song that touches your most inner self.





Poor Lester suffered a lot on the way! Thank him indeed. I had an extremely good time in your place!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you tell me your birthday?
Happy Birthday~~~
I will not miss it next time!!