Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Ode to Iris

She's definitely a legendary woman.

The year 2004, I first met her at the CCTV English Speaking Contest in Kunming and we went to Beijing two months later for the Semi-final. Exactly one year later I unexpectedly met her again in Kunming International Trade Center, as elegant as she'd been. I thought we were merely to know each other and all until I met her yet again when I attend the interview leading to my present job. Every time thinking of this, as they describe by saying"how old are you?" seemingly English but Chinese word-for-word interpretation "怎么老是你?"

That's basically how we got to know each other and became very good friends.

Iris is a little crazy and I say she's just very special so to speak. She loves her American boy who lives in Shanghai, she raises a dog who loves kittens, she practices karate which is practically useless, and she catwalks like a super model!! The thing I admire her best is that she has her own dream and keeps preaching to me her belief.




Iris helped me a lot. It's not exaggerating to say if I don't have her as my colleague, I'd be lost in search of a life goal and maybe a livelihood too! :)

No comments: