Monday, December 18, 2006

Do we really need a house?

Handsome Zhou's bought his own dwelling finally, a handsome amount of money! This fancy home placed a burden on his not-so-wide shoulders-- literally he hasn't got a pair of brawny shoulders to match his stunning build at all. Anyways, he is one of the most successful pals I grew up with!

I moved upper into this new office today, everything's quite satisfactory except for the natural-freezer-like coldness and the much-too-stable salary. Under such circumstances, Maggie casually brought up this way expensive topic —Time to purchase a home! She has a friend in real estate business, who'd be likely to give us a 20% discount, C'mon, this is real estate! 20% off can mean a lot. The exhilarating piece of news almost pushed me onto the list of successful new graduates just like Handsome Zhou! Sober me!!!

Things have changed the day you went out of the campus, much of a cliché though. Before graduation, you used to worry about stuff like when shall I afford a home? A car (let alone a limousine)? If things go smoothly, I'll be running a happy home with this sweet love..., and this social formula starts to work now, and you start craving the realization of all those once naive dreams. It suddenly reminds me of the War of the World- it'd already rooted in your mind, waiting to break out. Terrible! Having a habitat thus became the least yardstick of being successful. The plan is I'm going with Maggie to check out the house this Sunday.

Seeing is not buying. Frieda told me about her Kyoto adventures, among which I admire those home-free Japanese wanderers most. Have a home on street, raise a dog, and keep it clean. I guess I would do that if this lifestyle suits the city and country where I am living. So I would still prioritize my "Big Plan" before I take the burden and all.

If there is no other way but to join the current, take it step by step.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe you will have what you want

Anonymous said...

元旦快乐,亲爱的!

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence!
The talk show I saw yesterday on channel 12 was about the same topic.
And the expert said one should not buy house nor car before the age of 35 or even 40. The young should not be slaves of the loan.
Ha, I don't have the nerve to be a slave.