Wednesday, May 02, 2007

-2- Ate snow, not too cold

April 17th, early in the morning, after a cup of butter tea, we started today by driving half an hour to Shangcun, the starting point of a 5-hour hike up a fairly steep mountain trail.

Five hours later, when we hit a not-so-good camp spot, before unloading our gear from horses, suddenly found out there was no such thing depicted by Long as stream water, and we were told this little slope under two big trees, would be, quirkily, our camp site. Being extremely thirsty, starving, and angry, Joe and Dean nearly lost their temper, which left me in a very awkward position—I should stand by J&D, because they pay me, meantime, I am Chinese after all, if I assisted too much in J&D's seemingly unreasonable necessities, like a cup of coffee, or electricity generator, I would be so despised by my own nation. In fact I was quite despised by my fellow countrymen when I managed to require fresh water supply the next day as a tradeoff for poor Joe who could not get his cup of coffee to cease his addict. The result, we ate snow, and we cooked rice with snow, and we slept after a snowy meal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.